Welcome to Staete Landt in Summer 2014
The vineyard looks so tidy this time of year! The shoots have grown, the vines are trimmed, the grass in mown and leaf plucking is beginning. We also have seen some of the berries changing colour and going into the next ripening phase. Vintage is getting here!
In the winery we are getting new barrels soon and have the empty tanks clean and ready for the 2014 fruit. It’s still busy though, with a few wines to finish before the new vintage.
We Just bottled the 2013 Map Maker Pinot Noir and the 2013 Staete Landt Viognier. They’re looking great and will be available for sale later in the year. The 2013 Staete Landt Pinot Gris and the 2012 Staete Landt Syrah will be landing in bottle soon too. We will age them in bottle for a while yet first and so won’t be ready for sale for a while.
The new wines look fantastic and we are proud to present some of our new releases to you:
- Staete landt 2011 Pinot Gris
- Staete Landt 2011 ‘Josephine’ Chardonnay
- Staete Landt 2010 'Arie' Syrah
- Staete Landt 2012 Riesling Auslese
We hope you'll move to our online order page to try some of the new wines, or – even better- order one of the special Summer offers that we put together!
Staete Landt Calendar
STAETE LANDT UPDATE
- We have some great guests visiting us in February. Jamie Goode (From the UK), Chris Bates (From the US) and Peter Moser (From Austria) are all stopping by for a visit
- On the 8th of February we will once again have a stand at the Marlborough Wine and Food Festival. It’s the 30th anniversary and so it will be a big one!
- You’ll find Ruud in Germany from the 23rd – 25th of March. We will be showing our wines at ProWein in Düsseldorf. If you get the chance to go it’s a great event!
- March through to May is a big time for everyone in Marlborough as it’s harvest! It’s looking like a great vintage and everyone hopes the weather stays as good as it has been
Staete Landt 'Annabel' 2012 Sauvignon Blanc
- Highly Recommended; Decanter magazine
- Top 5 Finalist 'Best Sauvignon Blanc of the year 2013' Winestate Magazine
- 5-star rating Wine Orbit, Sam Kim "This is beautifully fragrant and appealing on the nose displaying peach, feijoa, citrus and herbaceous characters. The palate is concentrated and finely textured with lovely fruit intensity and well-pitched acidity. It's long and flowing. This is not as punchy and aggressive as a typical Marlborough Sauvignon, it's exquisite and delightful with mouth-filling flavours. At its best: now to 2017"
Staete Landt 2011 Pinot Gris
- Top 12 Pinot Gris of NZ; Gourmet Traveler Wine
- Top 5 Finalist 'Best Pinot Gris of the year 2013' Winestate Magazine
- 5-star rating Wine Orbit, Sam Kim "A lovely complex style displaying yelow peach, mango, pear and hints of oatmeal and nutty characters on the nose. The palate is rich and full with silky texture and superb mid palate weight, leading to a seamless finish. It's stylish and engaging with lovely fruit intensity and pleasing dry finish. At its best now to 2016"
Staete Landt Wines on Facebook
Sustainable Wine Growing NZ
Marlborough Wine Trail Map