Welcome to Staete Landt in Spring 2013
The vineyard looks so tidy this time of year! The vines are all tied down on the fruiting wire, bare canes still but the buds look fat and juicy. The grass nice and short to protect the vines against spring frosts.
In winter we bottled Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, we blended Sauvignon and polished Syrah. The new wines look fantastic and we are proud to present our new releases to you:
- Staete landt 2011 Pinot Gris
- Staete Landt 2012 Viognier
- Staete Landt 2010 Paladin Pinot Noir
- Staete Landt 2010 'Arie' Syrah
- Staete Landt 2010 Riesling Auslese
The new wines are a superb addition to the stronghold 'Golden Vintages' in the family: Staete Landt 2012 'Annabel' Sauvignon Blanc, Staete Landt 2010 'Josephine' Chardonnay and Staete Landt 2010 Riesling Dry.
We hope you'll move to our online order page to try some of the new wines, or – even better- order one of the special Spring Offers that we put together!
Staete Landt Calendar
STAETE LANDT UPDATE
Staete Landt 'Annabel' 2012 Sauvignon Blanc
- Highly Recommended; Decanter magazine
- Top 5 Finalist 'Best Sauvignon Blanc of the year 2013' Winestate Magazine
- 5-star rating Wine Orbit, Sam Kim "This is beautifully fragrant and appealing on the nose displaying peach, feijoa, citrus and herbaceous characters. The palate is concentrated and finely textured with lovely fruit intensity and well-pitched acidity. It's long and flowing. This is not as punchy and aggressive as a typical Marlborough Sauvignon, it's exquisite and delightful with mouth-filling flavours. At its best: now to 2017"
Staete Landt 2011 Pinot Gris
- Top 12 Pinot Gris of NZ; Gourmet Traveler Wine
- Top 5 Finalist 'Best Pinot Gris of the year 2013' Winestate Magazine
- 5-star rating Wine Orbit, Sam Kim "A lovely complex style displaying yelow peach, mango, pear and hints of oatmeal and nutty characters on the nose. The palate is rich and full with silky texture and superb mid palate weight, leading to a seamless finish. It's stylish and engaging with lovely fruit intensity and pleasing dry finish. At its best now to 2016"
Staete Landt Wines on Facebook
Sustainable Wine Growing NZ
Marlborough Wine Trail Map